Sunday, March 22, 2009

People Say II

Sitting in my chair, I decided to keep quiet
So quiet, that I was oblivious and become insignifant,
To me, I am perfectly happy, and fine, without uttering a word
But to some people, it may seems that I am slipping to another world,
Another realm where I am drowning in my own sadness
Just because tonight, I chose to be silent.

People jump to their own conclusions
Just because once upon a time, I was immersed in my emotions,
That I have used to be so jovial and happy
And forever always so talkative - really?!
They might have forgotten that sometimes I just don't talk
That sometimes I don't go down the dance floor, and rock,
I might just choose to stand at the corner
And watch everyone else, and yet I am perfectly okay.

I don't think that I am that difficult to understand
As long as they don't make their own judgements,
I always asked people to give me room to grow
Don't be so quick to judge me, cos it is not always so true,
I am always learning, trying to be better, and stronger
I am not always so weak, like it was yester.

If they asked, I would have told that I am all right
I have had a long day, and now I am feeling rather tired,
Wanted to have some quality time away by myself
Do things which I have slacked,
Please don't be so quick to assume the worst of me
People say things that can be untrue really.

People say so many things
I have to clarify sometimes,
People assume so much
So far fetch,
People asked questions
Yet afterwards came with own speculations,
What is the point, asking
My explanation not satisfying,
People think they know me so well
Oooohhhh swellll ..... do tell,
People say
I will give up ... one fine day.

No comments: