Thursday, March 5, 2009

Nothing is Wasted

Much time which I spent at the mamak stall
Sipping teh tarik, and eating capati with sardines gravy
I should have been home, lazing and resting
Instead, I sat there, cracking my head, thinking
Cos you are my dear friends
I will not let you alone, when you are in dire needs.

Sometimes it is so dawning
Sometimes it is just plain tiring
Sometimes it is very interesting
But it is really a strange kind of blesings
Cos you are my dear friends
I will cross the ocean ends for you.

I thought of my comfy bed
Snuggled under the blanket
It has passed my bed time
And my weary smile, did you notice
I can endure it another second
Cos you are my dear friends.

Then one day, you put your arms on my shoulders
You offer me, food on your table
You offer me, your hands to pull me out from the pit
You offer me, your trusted friendship;
Then one day, you sat next to me, sharing my tears
You gave up your time, to listen
You gave up your sleep, to stay by my side
You gave me assurance, of the most steadfast friendship.

No time is wasted
Nothing is wasted.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Friends should never take a backseat. :)

Hugs,
ly