Thursday, April 9, 2009

The Wall

I am Leo, the King of the forest
I have provided a sanctuary, for the many rest
Everyone can come, and go, as my welcomed guest;
For those who come, came with many stories to tell
And as they leave, they left all good and well
For they stand tall now, once they fell.

I lift my paw, and touch their hands
I stroke my mane back, and I listened, I do understand
Trustingly, they tell me their plans;
All around, they are building up walls
So they won't adhere to anymore love calls
And they will no longer fall, thus they thought they standing tall.

From my sanctuary, they walked back into their castle
Look well from the outside, inside a hurt been nurtured
Now protected, but will one be ever safe again, I am not sure;
Once they walked back into their own place
They sealed the door, and healed in their pace
From their watching towers, they admired the outside grace.

Beautiful, wonderful, bountiful, whatever the magnitude
The world is so vast, the view from such an altitude
But nothing can come within reach, for those who hide in that solitude;
I watched from afar, the castle erected high up in the mountain
Blest those who scale the walls with great determination and passion
In the quest to save the damsels in distressed emotions.

The Wall ...

No comments: