Thursday, July 9, 2009

Hiding

I saw you sitting in the corner with your friends
I can see the smiles, but not happiness that I sense
You are hiding with the masks of many faces
You are holding back, the truth, so dearly you embrace
But you can't erase, the truth of yourself
The one whom I thought I let you go, and let you dwell
But never would I thought, this is how it will go down
The hurt clings, my heart in pain
The past now drives me insane
Why have I let you go then
Only to let you run into hiding.

I know there must be reasons, that are justifying
For all your actions, your risk is been calculated
I continue to sit in my little corner, watching
Then he came along, and give you a kiss on your cheeks
From far, i tried to catch the glimpse of sparkle in your eyes
There is none, why, the smiles that greet, dry and wry
I am still asking, after all this time
Why, have I listened and didn't fight
Why, have I just let you go then
Only to let you run into hiding.

The truth of the past has always hurt me
But the lies of today, is greater than it will ever be
The happiness that we once share, is so pure
But the lines of smiles I witnessed today, is so obscure.

No comments: