Thursday, November 6, 2008

More Than Just a Face with a Name

You can put on your branded clothes
You can put on your mink coat
You can be the devil in Prada
You can look pretty with Bobbi Brown
You can have fancy names that I will surely remember
But none of the above really matters.

I may know your name in all the languages of the world
But at the end, I may know absolutely nothing about you.

I don't mind sitting across the room, and watching
If you are talking, I would enjoy the hours of listening
If you are writing, I can't wait to see what you have written
And when you have drawn a picture, do tell me what it meant
I don't mind bumping into you, and let you stand beside
If you are busy running around, let me just catch a glimpse
If you needed a moment to take a breather, hang on to my shoulders
And you know where to find me, and just give me a holler.

It is not tagging your face with a name
I won't know anything.

I have learnt that it makes a difference:
In knowing something about a person
And knowing all their reasons.

I have learnt that something can't be rushed
All good and bad things, should not be disregarded and brushed
Nothing is rigid, and nothing is ever so affixed
All good and bad things, there is always something great
Not everything stays the same, and sometimes things changed
I will start all over again, in knowing you, don't feel estranged.

You are more than just a face
I don't really need to know your name
You are more than just a name tag
I can see many much more
More than just a face with a name.

No comments: