Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Curve Ball

Next batter is up .... Yes, it is me
All bases are fully loaded
The pitcher got an angry glare
My bat is up on my shoulder, ready to swing
I noticed the motions signals from the catcher.

The pitcher got a good records of "strike out"
My reflexes are no match
At the back of the mind, devising plans
Will I hit a home run, or can I
Or just hit it in between the outfield
A distance enough to get 1 player home.

The pitcher sets the motion, and throw me the ball
Fast as 70km/h and whiz pass me
"Strike 1", the umpire shouted
That is only a preview, I should be prepare for the next pitch
"Ball 1", as the ball came flying at me
That is a relief, but my bases are still loaded.

2 strikes and 3 balls, I am left with the ultimatum
Swing at the ball at whatever speed and manner that I can
Desperate moment has no time for change of plans
There are replays with no particular sequences
Everyone is out there, anticipating with anxiety
Now or never, no regrets
"Swing a batter, SWING!" I am so not going to be distracted.

The ball left the pitcher's den
Whatever come may, I swung as hard as I could
Threw my bat on the ground and I hope it smashed the catcher's vest (been evil)
A high fly ball, and 2 outfielders gazing with their gloves in position
Will they catch it ... or will it slip in between them ....
Will the others make a dash for home ....
Will they just wait to anticipate the land position of the ball ....

Damn it is a CURVE BALL!

Go figure ... the game of life can swing anyway anytime.

No comments: