Monday, November 10, 2008

Ladder to Heaven

Believing that life is wonderful...bountiful
Knowing that life has blessings come in plentitude...attitude
There are chances of harvesting the rewards of kindness...happiness
All seem so smooth, without rough edges, and so painlessly...easily
Cause you would not see the scars, the pain, the fatigue...of retreat
You would not even hear laments, frowns, and of disgust...crushed
All you will acknowledge is the enthusiasm...positivism.

Now, it is just another adventure in life...it is no lie
There are phases to endure...ensured
More experiences to relate...after been created
It always start from the bottom, with the extra need to push forward...onwards
It is an uphill struggle, looking ahead and with wishful thinking...demanding
Along the way, hit by adversaries of all sorts...where is God?
Mentally tormented by the devils of passions...emotions:
"What have I done to deserve this?"- shit
"Am I been taken advantage of?"- back off
"Is it worth trying and giving so much?"- touché
"What do I have at the end?"- friends
Physically challenged by course of mother nature...crippled and humbled.

One could never please the entire society...community
One could never do enough, and get enough praises...crazy
It often raised an eyebrow: Are you for real? ...surreal
People so skeptic, and so cynical of kindness in humanity...insanity
The mind so calculating and devising...too much thinking
The thoughts twisted in complexity...ambiguity
Every doubt raised another uncertainty...certainly
Every question raised curiosity...undoubtfully
Simplicity turns into a web of deceits...man made to be
The words of mouth have far little truth...that have scooted
Actions have far little significance...drastic consequences.

It is hard not to be bothered by the things I see...crystal clear
It is difficult not to be affected by the people I meet...friends wannabe
It is impossible, not to hear the topic of rumors...humors
So I tug in my will...sealed
I held my chin up in what I believed in...firmly
Then turn every stone only to find the most enjoyable parts of life...tasty humble pies
So I kept on un-turning stones, and continued to be amazed by discoveries...stunningly
My ladder to heaven .... and heaven is on earth ... and earth is worth living...though tiring

It is certainly an uphill journey...the end eventually
I packed up my necessities...not much actually
Then I travel light:-
1. Light head - bald would be an option
2. Light heart - happiness is light weight
3. A smile - just a few muscles to pull
4. A soul - given free of charge
5. An advice - discarded all the time
6. A belief - written in the sky

No comments: