Monday, September 5, 2011

Heaven and Hell


I would have known Heaven on Earth
Smitten and bounded by sweetness and kindness of words
For the struggles and hardship's worth;
The smiles upon the faces
The laughter which embraces
The gentle glances that graced;
I need not die to see Heaven at the doorstep every morning
To feel happiness as angels came a-greeting
Smiling, singing, joyfully accompanying.

For the things that I would have missed
If I could have trade my life in
I would have even trade Heaven for Hell, to have it all again on Earth;
The living being whom left behind
Living in peril, and struggling with life's within
Where all gone, except tears crying;
For the love of it all
I carry them with me as from Heaven I fall
From the memories, I burnt them into Hell's wall and door;
I will make Hell into my Heaven
For the sake of all that I have been blessedly given
For it no longer matters where I am for the moment.

Let it be Heaven and Hell
So swell I will be able to tell
For I have the best memories to dwell;
Good or bad
Happy or glad
Treasures or craps;
They all fill me up like pieces of jigsaw puzzles
Wrapped me up like a baby in a cradle
I will sleep with a smile forever.

Do I trade Heaven for Hell for you?
Tell me, what would you want to
Would you do the same, as you would ask me to do;
Would you see Heaven and Hell as beautiful as it is?
Or one is far more and less worthy?
What have you got to give in for eternity of serendipity?
I would show you a Heaven in Hell
I will tell you there is Hell in Heaven
Would you take the first step and trade now?


No comments: